Jan 23, 2007

A Caged Tiger...

I should be in a PC bang right now, not my own room.  I can never concentrate in here.  But I came back to my room after work.  That seems to be the big problem.  Once I come back to my room, I tend to want to stay in my room.  Then, it's just harder for me to go out.  If instead, I made it somehow harder for me to come back home, until much later, when I could be far more productive at home and less distracted, then things would be much better for me in general. But as it is right now, I finish work, and come home, and laze around, rarely wanting to even get out of the house to go get something for dinner.  What's wrong with me?  What is my age again? Am I 5 years old, so that I can't leave the safety of my own home?  Is my neighborhood so small these days that I won't even walk down the street for some chicken for dinner?  The WORLD was once my playground, and now I find myself trapped inside a mental cage I've created for myself.  I'm just like a tiger behind a glass window with people staring in at it in a zoo.  I can see the outside world, but I've long since stopped trying to go out in it.  What's the point?  I might as well just pace around, be bored, and lazy and get progressively stupider inside this little cage of my own making.   I've got so many goals...or at least, had.  But these days, the small enclosure I find myself in (my mental cage) stifles all my efforts.  What's the point of seeking to achieve something so big? Why do I over complicate things? I should really be in a PC bang right now. More focus, more drive, less, distractions.  In those ways, I can now see how a small cubicle would be a good way to get some work done.  I'm constantly distracted by the things I see in my room, even just out of the corner of my eye.  What's a room good for anyway?  Sleeping?  Sleeping only? Reading, sleeping, studying? Or only TV, and boredom and laziness?  KILL YOUR TV!! That's what someone once said to me.  I'm starting to think it wasn't such a bad idea...but then how can I kill EVERYTHING ELSE that's distracting as well?  And how on earth am I to motivate myself to get out of bed in the morning?  I have slept past my alarm, and through my first class at work more than a few times (this morning included).  What's to prompt me to drag myself out of bed?  And why do I always feel like I am literally DRAGGING myself out of bed?  Can't I sometime just GET out of bed?  Instead of DRAG myself out of bed?  Where's my passion? Where's my purpose? Do I have too many? Is that why I can't find it? Is that why I can't focus?  Too many passions, and things calling my attention to them?  But how can I possibly focus on just one, or just two?  Or am I overcomplicating things again?  How can I simplify?  But wait, my life's already simple isn't it?  I'm just a tiger in a cage.  Caged with my thoughts.  And those are by no means simple...

No comments: