Jan 25, 2007

At the end...

At the end of your life, you never regret what you DID, you only regret what you had a chance to do and never tried. Well, unless you do something so incredibly stupid that you mess yourself or someone else up permanently.

I have to run tomorrow...well, at least wear my running shoes. After my last class on at my third kindergarten on Friday, I always start to walk back in the beautiful weather (which these days I don't seem to get enough sunlight anyway) and I always think "What a beautiful day..." I used to walk all the way home (maybe 3 km or more, well, it took 1.5 hours or more each time anyway, so probably farther than 3 km, it's also 4000 Won by taxi each time, so, I dunno) but since I started having to work in the afternoon, if I ever WALK all the way home, then I never have enough time for cooking myself lunch before I have to go right back to work. Plus running is easy, and I don't do it often enough. If I go at a slow enough pace, I'll get home with at least 1 hour left before work, and I won't injure myself or have any problems.

Well, I may ultimately decide NOT to run when I'm actually faced with the situation, but the last 3 or 4 weeks, I've had a really strong urge to do so, I've just always had on the wrong shoes. So, if nothing else, at least I'll wear the RIGHT shoes tomorrow...

As far as everything else is concerned...who knows?? I need to take some time to sit, and think and PLAN some things. This Saturday will be the first in a long time that I've not had ANYTHING to do, so I may take some advice and shut off my phone ALL DAY, and I may not talk to anyone for 24 hours to focus on my PLANS and PURPOSE.

Additionally, this is just something I was thinking recently. I'm an artist, and I shouldn't continue to put that aside. I also REALLY like drawing with marker, or big crayons, because with those things, you don't have to be precise, and you have to have a good idea in your mind before even beginning. You have to be able to take your mistakes and deal with them and change them on the fly, and you have to be able to be spontaneous in your art and drawing, planning some things, but just "BLINK" some other things, and you know instinctively if it will work or not and how to MAKE it work or not, whether to continue or end it. Additionally, anytime I draw in this fashion, I tend to bust something out in a quick period of time, and it usually looks really good.

Language is also kind of my thing, and though I'm also really skilled at English and learning other languages, and even marginally skilled at writing, I just can't get across certain FEELINGS (at least for myself) the same way as I can with some art. It's true what they say, that a picture is worth a thousand words. I should put my skills to good use, and rather than complicating things by WRITING so many words to plan things (although writing for release is rather nice) I should use my ART to make plans, to plan VISIONS. I will author and create VISIONS of the man I want to be, or the places I want to go, or the things I want to do with my ART. Then, I will truly have something to strive for.

And then, too, at the END OF ALL THINGS, I will have something to either look back on with fondness, or look back on with regret...

No comments: