Jul 9, 2007

Japan Itinerary

I figured, since I was going to write this all down anyway, I might as well share it with all of you too. My Japan trip planned for July 28-August 5 goes something like this:

Friday, July 27 JEONJU
6:00pm-----finish work, head home for possible last minute packing
7:00pm-----At Jeonju Express Bus terminal ready to go to Seoul
10:30pm----In Seoul, possibly meet some friends for dinner and fun
12:00am----Korean sauna or friend's house for sleep

Saturday, July 28 SEOUL
7:30am-----wake up
8:00am-----Leave for airport
9:00am-----Arrive at Incheon airport
11:15am-----Flight to Tokyo
1:30pm-----Arrival in Tokyo, Japan, and immigration, (no baggage claim, I'll backpack it)
2:00pm-----Leave airport to meet Thomas somewhere for lunch (possibly Chiba)
3:00pmish--Meet Thomas, eat lunch, then head out for Disneyland!
4:00pmish--Arrival in Disneyland, and late ticket purchase
10:00pm----Disneyland closes, head for Sakura Hostel located at Asakusa Station
11:00pm----Arrival, check-in, and maybe hang out for a while, then sleep for an early start

Sunday, July 29 TOKYO
7:00am-----wake up, prepare to return to Disneyland
8:00am-----Arrive at Disneyland, in time for the opening (hopefully a friend or two will join me this day)
10:00pm----Park closes, head back to Sakura Hostel (or another location jointly chosen by my friend and I)
12:00am----sleep at Sakura Hostel

Monday, July 30 TOKYO
8:00am-----can sleep in, but possibly walk around the Imperial Palace in the morning
12:00pm----lunch
1:00pm-----leave for interview
2:00pm-----Interview at Interac, Japan near Iidabashi station
3:30pm-----Interview end, head to Akihabara Electronics area (massive Geek-Central)
7:00pm-----Possibly head to Tokyo tower, (also slightly depends on the company I keep)
11:00pm----Back to Sakura Hostel for the night (no curfew, but I think trains stop at midnight)
12:00am----Chill out, head to sleep

Tuesday, July 31 MT. FUJI
7:00am-----Wake up and head out for Fujisan (I hear it takes 4-7 hours up, and 2-4 back down)
10:00am----(possibly sooner) arrive at Mishima station, and take a bus to Fuji
1:00pm-----Arrive at the Fujinomiya 5th station and prepare to head out
7:00pm-----Hopefully arrive at the summit in time for sunset (not planning to stay for sunrise, though I may change my mind)
7:30pm-----Start back down with the help of my trusty flashlight
11:00pm----Reach Fujinomiya 5th station at least, (guess I need to make a plan for where I'll sleep this night though)
12:00am----Sleep

Wednesday, August 1 KYOTO
9:00am-----Sleep in at least a bit
10:00am----Hopefully have caught a bus back to Mishima station to catch the Shinkansen
12:00pm----Shinkansen (judging my time, and all, I MAY make a stop off at Nagoya to see a friend that Keisuke introduced me to, possibly for lunch this day, or if I'm REALLY ahead of schedule, for dinner the night before)
3:00pm-----possibly in Nagoya for a meal and etc
8:00pm-----hopefully no later, I'll arrive in Kyoto to see a friend I really miss
12:00am----stay the night in Kyoto

Thursday, August 2 KYOTO/OSAKA
8:00am-----wake up, get ready to head out, I've all day to chill with friends I know in Kyoto and Osaka
12:00pm----at least make it to Osaka, probably go to Osaka Castle/park, Yodobashi electronics, and Kinokunya bookstore in Namba
6:00pm-----arrange to meet a friend or two for dinner at least
12:00am----stay the night in either Kyoto or Osaka

Friday, August 3 HIROSHIMA
8:00am-----wake up, head out for the Shinkansen line to Hiroshima
10:00am----on the Shinkansen
1:00pm-----arrive in Hiroshima (honestly I've no idea how long the Shinkansen takes to get to any of these places so I'm just guessing, and hoping my guesses are either fairly accurate, or generous)
2:00pm-----Hiroshima Peace Park, the A-Bomb Dome, and the A-Bomb Museum (I heard that viewing these absolutely ruins your day, so I'm going to head to a park afterwards to cool)
6:00pm-----Hiroshima Castle and the park (land) around it
8:00pm-----possibly find something else interesting to do in Hiroshima
12:00am----Hostel somewhere in Hiroshima

Saturday, August 4 MIYAJIMA
9:00am-----Wake up, and head to the JR Ferry to Miyajima (Shrine island)
10:00am----Ferry to the island (at first I wasn't really going to go here, but since my JR Rail Pass includes free passage to the island, and it is a big tourist place, guess I'll head out there)
11:00pm----Exploring the island, and see the Torii Gate
3:00pm-----Possibly finished exploring by now, so probably just head back to Hiroshima
5:00pm-----Shinkansen bound for Fukuoka (Hakata)
8:00pm-----arrival in Hakata, time for dinner and heading to the Hostel, and chilling out
12:00am----bed

Sunday, August 5 FUKUOKA AND HOME
11:00am-----Hard Rock Cafe Fukuoka!!! (I've been waiting for this for 8 months!)
12:00pm----Head to the International Ferry Terminal with Eric and get our seats for the Ferry
1:45pm------In the Beetle and off to Korea
4:40pm-----Arrival in Korea, immigration, all that good stuff
5:30pm-----Head to the Bus Terminal
6:30pm-----Grab a bus back to our home of Jeonju
12:00am----no later than that arrive home, and head back to our houses with heads and cameras full of great memories

Monday, August 6 JEONJU
1:45pm------First class, plenty of time to sleep in and recover from my whirlwind trip to Japan that will cover over 1000 km (620 mi).

I'll update this later as plans finalize, but for now, I just wanted a rough sketch of my trip for my own sake.

No comments: