Mar 5, 2007

Yup, I'm still in Korea.

Koreans are really direct people.

I got sick again this weekend, Thursday, but opened my house, rested a lot, and generally started getting a lot better as the weekend progressed. I slept 10 hours each night, and every morning woke up feeling rested, refreshed and better than the day before.

Come Sunday, the Spring weather, and morning sunshine were pouring in through my window, though it was cloudy (due to rain in the afternoon). I ate cereal for breakfast, much in the same manner Dai and I used to in Japan (weather, and sickness were also very similar to my first few weeks in Japan). I turned on the TV and saw a Japanese TV show about Tokyo Disneyland with an announcer that totally looked like Yoko Fujiwara (cute Japanese girl, always smiling and saying "cuuuute!"). I continued my morning with a very lazy shower, and got ready for the day by even doing my hair (I wear hats alot).

All in all, it was a very nostalgic morning, even reminded me of home in some ways. I felt very much alive, well, and at home.

Then, I grabbed a cab to church, enjoyed the service, and saw a woman afterwards who I've not seen in months. And the very first thing she said to me was, "Aaron! Wow, you look like you've gained weight a little!"

 |
 |    There goes my nostalgic high,
 |     as I'm reminded that
 |     "Yup, I'm still in Korea."
\ /
 V

Like I said, Koreans are really direct people. Sometimes I wouldn't mind at least a LITTLE more discretion when they speak. But that's just the way things go. They speak their minds. I'm still not quite used to that.

Hahaha, and this coming after 6 of my Seoul friends asked, "Wow, Aaron, have you lost weight?" And actually, since coming to Korea, I have lost weight (about 5 kg, (11 lb)), though I maintain a pretty steady 77 kg (170 lb).

No comments: